ADA practice test scores realistic????

yorkiepoo

10+ Year Member
Jan 10, 2006
  1. Dental Student
    Hey.. I just took the ADA practice test. I am planning to take Achiever too. But I just wanna do if anyone has taken it and can say whether it is comparable to the real DAT.

here are my scores:

Bio: 18
    gchem: 19
    ochem: 23
    pat: 21
    rc:18
    qr: 21

are these realistic scores? can I actually look forwad to something along these lines? I still have time to study so I think I can improve my bio gchem and rc but over all i think those scores are decent...

feedback please!

Nope, the ADA guide is the best example you have. Every other test tries to simulate that exam.

Kaplan comes close in all sections except angle.

Topscore's just way too hard. They have detailed science questions, but fail to recognize that on the hard questions on the DAT, you can infer the answer. The math is WAY too knit-picky and depends on highly specific knowledge.

Barron's is not bad, but beware of errors.

That's all I know.

The real DAT may seem harder because of pressure, but it's not. not really.

About the Ads

SFPredent

10+ Year Member
    May 7, 2006
    San Francisco
    1. Pre-Dental
      The ADA test is way easier. I got perfect on all of the science sections. Do not use these science sections as a gauge of your knowledge. The PAT is easier but closer, as is the (shortened) RC. The QR is much easier as well. Topscore and Kaplan scores should be more similar to what you will actually get. Best of luck.

kkumalap

10+ Year Member
      Apr 15, 2006
      1. Pre-Dental
        SFPredent said:
        The ADA test is way easier. I got perfect on all of the science sections. Do not use these science sections as a gauge of your knowledge. The PAT is easier but closer, as is the (shortened) RC. The QR is much easier as well. Topscore and Kaplan scores should be more similar to what you will actually get. Best of luck.

well...a 24 is almost gettin all of the problems correct.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.