ADC otoscope/opthalmoscope

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cubbyphan

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone had any experience with these. I know most people say not to buy an otoscope and opthalmoscope cause they will have them wherever you go. I kinda would like to have something cheap though just so I can practice on my own. I noticed that ADC sets are quite reasonable, but no one I talked to has any experience with them. I was a litte concerned cause the aren't a name I am familiar with like Welch Allyn. On the other hand, its really just a light and magnifier, right, so it doesn't seem like one brand should be that much higher quality than another. Also, do I understand correctly that these run on regular AA batteries? Thanks for the help.

Members don't see this ad.

I've never heard of ADC, but an important rule of thumb is that you get what you pay for. Welch-Allyn sets are high quality and will retain fairly high resale value for many years.

I got one for about $130. It is ok for practice but I would never use it in the clinic. The design is about 30 years old. Then again you probably would never have to use it in the clinic anyway since they are on the wall.