Adcom advice, letters of rec

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BeMD13

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My app is verified and I have 2 of the 3 required letters in. One is dated 2014 and the other is dated 2016. The bio dept chair is supposed to change the date on her letter from 2014 to 2016 but it's going to take her a few more weeks. My top choice school won't send secondaries until all 3 letters are in. Should I wait for a date change or is getting it in earlier more important? I already have the copy of her 2014 letter in interfolio. She won't be changing any content since my class was two years ago.

Members don't see this ad.

Just get the letter in.

My app is verified and I have 2 of the 3 required letters in. One is dated 2014 and the other is dated 2016. The bio dept chair is supposed to change the date on her letter from 2014 to 2016 but it's going to take her a few more weeks. My top choice school won't send secondaries until all 3 letters are in. Should I wait for a date change or is getting it in earlier more important? I already have the copy of her 2014 letter in interfolio. She won't be changing any content since my class was two years ago.

Reactions: 1 user