Quantcast

ADCOM question: PS vs. Activities

Clinical Shadowing Summer '22 Programs
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bubblehead-to-MD

Emergency Blow!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know how ADCOMs handle AMCAS applications? Does a single individual review one application from beginning to end, or are individual sections of an application distributed to specific ADCOM members (i.e. there's Joe the PS guy, Jane the activities woman, and poor Biff the courses / transcript guy)?

I'm asking because there is information in my work experience / activities section that could go into my PS, but I don't want to include them if they are redundant and just take up valuable space.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Bluntman

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
danjo said:
Does anybody know how ADCOMs handle AMCAS applications? Does a single individual review one application from beginning to end, or are individual sections of an application distributed to specific ADCOM members (i.e. there's Joe the PS guy, Jane the activities woman, and poor Biff the courses / transcript guy)?

I'm asking because there is information in my work experience / activities section that could go into my PS, but I don't want to include them if they are redundant and just take up valuable space.

Any thoughts? Thanks!
I've never heard of adcoms splitting up a single app to different people for ECs/PS/etc.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.