Adcom Spies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wazupshah

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever wonder if addmissions counselors sometimes peruse through our forum for shhits and giggles. Maybe if it's a tough day at the office sorting through applications, they grab some beer and log on to SDN to get some laughs at our pathetic worrying and whining?!! :confused: :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

I am sure they know of this site but I doubt many of them spend any time reading the student forums.

Originally posted by wazupshah
Anyone ever wonder if addmissions counselors sometimes peruse through our forum for shhits and giggles. Maybe if it's a tough day at the office sorting through applications, they grab some beer and log on to SDN to get some laughs at our pathetic worrying and whining?!! :confused: :laugh:

Be afraid... be very afraid!!! :)

Come on. Are you getting a little paranoid here? :)

Members don't see this ad :)
they are (or were) aware of interviewfeedback.com. my jefferson interviewer made a reference to it :laugh:

i'm here at einstein, killing time, and waiting to get interviewed. i was here at the butt crack of dawn, so the assistant dean of admissions (who is VERY nice) opened the door for me (and another interviewee). we were chatting about if it was possible to predict where our interview locations would be and the asst. dean mentioned something about "studentdoctor." (she was interrupted midsentence, so she wasn't able to say anything in particular)

If any adcom spies are out there, please let me in :D !

I have this conspiracy theory about computer-savvy adcom personnel hacking into the interviewfeedback site and introducing a virus.

I mean, c'mon.... seems a little fishy that this hella useful site's been down for so long with "unknown" problems :eek:

During my interview last week, the dean told me he actually spends some time brousing through the pre-allo forum and looks at the requesting interviews thread. He says it's pretty obvious who is an SDNer because right after they send out the invite email they see that the SDNer posts his interview on the thread, and you know those locations we put down, that tells them it is really youl!!! :eek:

Originally posted by Dr Chooch
During my interview last week, the dean told me he actually spends some time brousing through the pre-allo forum and looks at the requesting interviews thread. He says it's pretty obvious who is an SDNer because right after they send out the invite email they see that the SDNer posts his interview on the thread, and you know those locations we put down, that tells them it is really youl!!! :eek:

That's why you post at a random interval of 1-5 days after. :)

Some people are waaay too obvious about whom they interviewed with and such. Should be careful about such things, since this is a public forum, and you could be found out.

I'm okay because I post nothing but positive things on these forums. [runs off to delete old posts]

Well, if they find out who you are on SDN, then what's the harm in that? As long as you don't act inappropriately here, I don't think there's really anything to worry about. I doubt that there are many 1337 h4x0rz on the adcoms that can steal your identity or anything. :)

Originally posted by Random Access
That's why you post at a random interval of 1-5 days after. :)

Some people are waaay too obvious about whom they interviewed with and such. Should be careful about such things, since this is a public forum, and you could be found out.

Hehe, I'm totally just kidding. :p But haven't you all fancied adcom members trying to figure out who we are...and then you just realized that that is ridiculous and that no one doing anything important has that much time to waste. ;)

AMCAS, on the other hand, is a completely different story. I firmly believe that there are AMCAS spies everywhere on this forum, and that they get off on all of the damn problems they give us. They're busy laughing over our venting and drinking cases and cases of beer that we freaking bought for them with the millions of dollars we stuffed in their pockets. +pissed+ I don?t think it is incompetence that drives AMCAS, it is just utter hatred and a blatant disregard for all human decency! Anyway, have a good day everyone! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
besides i am pretty sure they have better things to do like say, uhm all the applications still waiting to be reviewed? ;)

by the way adcoms, i think u guys are the greatest!

Originally posted by Curci
As long as you don't act inappropriately here, I don't think there's really anything to worry about.

Well, maybe you don't post inappropriately on here, but Street Philosopher...hmm, I think he's effed!

And what if they ever found out who Tein was!?!?! :eek:

I have good posts too... here and there... oh what's the use, i'm screwed. :( :D

Originally posted by Curci
Well, if they find out who you are on SDN, then what's the harm in that? As long as you don't act inappropriately here, I don't think there's really anything to worry about. I doubt that there are many 1337 h4x0rz on the adcoms that can steal your identity or anything. :)

Well, I remember a certain, I think it was UMich, thread where someone said that they had a particular interviewer and that the interviewer was the last interviewer they had. The person who posted had nothing but bad things to say about this particular interviewer, and it would have been quite obvious to the school who this person was, because given the date (which the person did), they have a 1 in 2 chance of knowing who this person is without even knowing anything else about them. Plus, given the other information about the person, they certainly would have known who it was. All I'm saying is that you should be careful what you post. :)

yeah- i think those 'official: post your interviews here' threads are just so adcoms know who we are. and, really... who gets to decide if they're official. i'm going to make an official panty raid thread. anyone down?
p

sorry, I don't have any to contribute today ;)

That's hilarious, could you envision some faculty member pouring over all of the posts here, to do what? Figure out who you are and what you think, in order to do what? Deny you based on some postings you made? Also, if you were an adcom member, would you spend time reading this and trying to figure out who is who...? I don't even like reading all the posts, and I'm trying to get as much info as I can on the whole process.

First, if that's going on at some school, I wouldn't want to go there anyway. What a horrible waste of time and resources (which begs the question, what else are they mismanaging), and doesn't it also say that they don't feel confident in their screening process? That's a red flag for other bizarre activities. If they do that, what's next? Bugging your dorm room, or the labs so they can listen in on the students? Bugging the library? Perhaps seding faculty members in at the beginning of the first year to pose as a student and start files on the other students...

If someone gets canned due to a posting, I think they should be thankful that they are not going to be working with such people...

But it's funny to think about.

DW - how can you be accepted at USUHS sort of? Isn't that like saying someone is just a little pregnant? Just curious what your situation is...

Originally posted by Lebesgue
DW - how can you be accepted at USUHS sort of? Isn't that like saying someone is just a little pregnant? Just curious what your situation is...

Gotta pass the physical. :)

And I don't think they'd look at all threads. Just about their school. But if you were a total a$$ about the school or if you really had no intention of going, it might be in their best interests to know.

Sure...

But if that's the case, why would you apply in the first place.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Originally posted by Lebesgue
That's hilarious, could you envision some faculty member pouring over all of the posts here, to do what? Figure out who you are and what you think, in order to do what? Deny you based on some postings you made?

It did happen to someone last year. They had written a very complaining letter to the dean of some med school (I forget about what) and wrote a scathing post on SDN about the dean's response (or lack of response, I really forget the details) and someone who knew them forwarded the post to the dean along with their real name, and they got called into the dean's office (they went to the same undergrad). They did not get into the school.

Originally posted by SMW
It did happen to someone last year. They had written a very complaining letter to the dean of some med school (I forget about what) and wrote a scathing post on SDN about the dean's response (or lack of response, I really forget the details) and someone who knew them forwarded the post to the dean along with their real name, and they got called into the dean's office (they went to the same undergrad). They did not get into the school.

Becareful what you post, and post what you would want assocaited with your real name. Having aliases can be dangerous. It gives us a false sense of anonymity.

When I interviewed at Rush, I had a wonderful conversation with Dean Schmidt. We talked a lot about how the admissions process works and problems associated with it. She mentioned specifically that she reads SDN and interview feedback (when it was up). But not to track individuals or spy, but more to get a sense of the community and its pulse (issues, concerns, etc).

Originally posted by immediatespring
DrLady, thats today's date! ;)

oh, oops!!

( I think i have been up too late and am not thinking coherently..haha! )

embarrassed

All I know is that the admissions director at a nearby school likes being called Tweetie-bird. And she brags about having real power in the cyberworld. You do the math.

SOME people in the admissions offices of SOME schools read SDN. When I interviewed here a few people asked me if I knew what people on SDN were saying about UPenn.

I told them that they were saying that it is one of the best schools in the nation, and that the students here are very happy. (which is true :) )

I suppose it's possible for somebody to be rejected based on an sdn post...

(speaking of which...how the heck did I get in!?)

Yes, it is true. I am the dean of admissions at HMS and we certainly keep tabs on what applicants post on this web-site.

Originally posted by CaNEM
Yes, it is true. I am the dean of admissions at HMS and we certainly keep tabs on what applicants post on this web-site.

really?

Originally posted by Mudd
All I know is that the admissions director at a nearby school likes being called Tweetie-bird. And she brags about having real power in the cyberworld. You do the math.

:laugh: :laugh:

It's funny when your name is in threads you haven't even posted on.

If I was admissions director, I'd get ME in first. :( sigh.....back to day dreaming about how I'll feel when I get my first interview.

PS: did any schools contact you guys on saturdays? I am tired of checking my mail and email on Saturdays when I may not even have a chance of hearing from schools on that day.

Originally posted by Tweetie_bird
PS: did any schools contact you guys on saturdays? I am tired of checking my mail and email on Saturdays when I may not even have a chance of hearing from schools on that day.

No Saturdays. Except you can keep your eye open for snail mail!

However, I have been contacted by schools via email much later in the evening than I'd expect (7:30, 8pm). They'll come, Tweetie, soon. :)