Add more schools now or wait until AMCAS is re-verified?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

excitedneuron

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all!

I tried asking this in the pre-med forum, but it probably wasn't the best place to do so.

Anyway, I've recently gotten my AMCAS verified (hooray!) but they completely neglected to compute my graduate GPA. :eek:

I'm planning on calling them tomorrow to hopefully sort it out, but I fear that it will take a week or two (or longer) to re-verify my app.

I was wondering if I should wait until my app gets re-verified before adding more schools as my grad GPA is much stronger than my undergrad or if I should submit now and get my app in earlier.

Opinions? Am I being overly neurotic and worried (i.e. should I stop worrying about making the best first impression to compensate for my subpar undergrad grades and MCAT)?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello all!

I tried asking this in the pre-med forum, but it probably wasn't the best place to do so.

Anyway, I've recently gotten my AMCAS verified (hooray!) but they completely neglected to compute my graduate GPA. :eek:

I'm planning on calling them tomorrow to hopefully sort it out, but I fear that it will take a week or two (or longer) to re-verify my app.

I was wondering if I should wait until my app gets re-verified before adding more schools as my grad GPA is much stronger than my undergrad or if I should submit now and get my app in earlier.

Opinions? Am I being overly neurotic and worried (i.e. should I stop worrying about making the best first impression to compensate for my subpar undergrad grades and MCAT)?

When did you submit? And how did you do on the MCAT?

I would probably wait until they corrected your graduate GPA to maximize your chances at these other schools.

When did you submit? And how did you do on the MCAT?

I would probably wait until they corrected your graduate GPA to maximize your chances at these other schools.

I got a 30 :( a few points lower than my practice MCATs.