1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

added new class in fall but submitted amcas

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by lakersbaby, Jul 24, 2006.

1. lakersbaby

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    hi i wrote that i was taking anatomy and biochem in the fall but i dropped anatomy and instead will be taking ochem lab and biochem but i already submitted my amcas what should i do? my school had organic chemistry I with lab and organic chemistry II without lab. many people told me that i didnt have to take the separate lab class but im realizing that a few schools require it. is thre any way to change the future classes im taking on my amcas?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. oreo2004

oreo2004 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    You can't really update amcas, but you can send an ammendment to your class schedule to every school you're applying to. I'm in a similar boat and I checked with yale, harvard, uconn, and tufts, and they were ok with sending the amendment. Cause it doesn't really matter what you take, unless it's a requirement.

4. airflare

airflare Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    As far as I know, pretty much every school requires organic chemistry lab as a course requirement. But schools will still accept you even if you haven't finished all the requirements.

Personally, I don't think it's worth it to change AMCAS and wait for it to get re-verified and all that crap. It'll just complicate things and slow you down.

5. lakersbaby

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    the GW secondary says 6 hours of organic chemistry and 2 hours of lab.
    what does 2 hours of lab required mean?

i took organic chemistry I w/ lab 5.00 units
    and organic chemistry II 4.00 units

the organic chemistry II lab class that im going to be taking is 2 units

6. TMP-SMX

TMP-SMX Senior Member
    Moderator Emeritus Gold Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    It means you need orgo lab I and II or a lab where you learn about the information that was in orgo I and II. What are you worrying about?