Addictions Medicine Fellowship - where to go?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bellejolie

Reaction score
Hey all, PGY-1 in family medicine in canada and will be applying for addictions fellowships in the states next year. considering Boston (MGH, Brigham, BMC), yale, UCSF, stanford (checked all the canadian licensing requirements etc). wondering thoughts on these programs? BMC vs. MGH? job markets after? It seems like BMC has the stronger program generally but of course MGH has the name and brand so wanted to hear some thoughts. thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all, PGY-1 in family medicine in canada and will be applying for addictions fellowships in the states next year. considering Boston (MGH, Brigham, BMC), yale, UCSF, stanford (checked all the canadian licensing requirements etc). wondering thoughts on these programs? BMC vs. MGH? job markets after? It seems like BMC has the stronger program generally but of course MGH has the name and brand so wanted to hear some thoughts. thanks!
MGH is top notch in this regard and has tons of patients that need your help.

MGH is top notch in this regard and has tons of patients that need your help.
ok great thanks - yes it seems so for sure. obviously haven't applied / gotten in anywhere yet but making connections. thank you!

hey all - just following up on this, wanting to know people's thoughts for addictions at MGH vs. Brigham? Brigham seems to have a newer program but was wondering in terms of patient population, resources etc?

ah yes but i want to do adult addictions as well. thanks though!
Boston children’s fellowship makes you eligible for the addiction medicine board. You can see both adult and children after graduating. Adult rotations take place at MGH and BWH.

Boston children’s fellowship makes you eligible for the addiction medicine board. You can see both adult and children after graduating. Adult rotations take place at MGH and BWH.
thanks for the info! i do appreciate that i would be eligible for the board, but majority of my practice would be adults therefore i would prefer to be trained in an adult program and do an adolescent elective or something like that. it would make more sense. additionally it looks like the program prefers pediatricians which i am not.

Reactions: 1 user
Yale! I am here; the people and program are great!