Adding a letter of recommendation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

goodsoldier

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have already been verified and submitted most of my 25 secondaries in mid-September. A professor from this semester asked me if I would like a letter of recommendation from him. Since I only included three letters I think it sounds like a good idea.

At this point is going through AMCAS and adding a letter the best way to do this or would having him send the letter directly to a few select schools be better? I am wondering if I go through AMCAS at this point later in the cycle, if schools will take notice of the new letter vs having it sent directly to them.

Thank for any input.

Members don't see this ad.

I have already been verified and submitted most of my 25 secondaries in mid-September. A professor from this semester asked me if I would like a letter of recommendation from him. Since I only included three letters I think it sounds like a good idea.

At this point is going through AMCAS and adding a letter the best way to do this or would having him send the letter directly to a few select schools be better? I am wondering if I go through AMCAS at this point later in the cycle, if schools will take notice of the new letter vs having it sent directly to them.

Thank for any input.

+1 I'm wondering the same thing myself.

I'd also like to know this.

Once primary apps are submitted, is it too late to add any LORs, or is there a window at all?