Aug 9, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
the admission committee that i have been in contact with have recently left her job for another school. i found her profile on linkeden, and was thinking about adding her to get her honest opinion about my application. since she doesn't work there anymore, she has no influence on the admission process, so i don't think this is an unfair advantage. so it ok for me to add her?

Cranjis McBasketball

SDN Bronze Donor
Bronze Donor
2+ Year Member
Jul 20, 2015
Status
Medical Student
why is it unprofessional?
You already submitted.. Whats the point of asking her? Just peace of mind? Haha just wait until they decide themselves

Reactions: whaleofatale
OP
Z
Aug 9, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
You already submitted.. Whats the point of asking her? Just peace of mind? Haha just wait until they decide themselves
i was put on a hold list and have been updating her every month or so trying to get off that list. she told me my application was competitive when we discussed it in april, so i wanted to know the exact reason why i was put on that list in the first place even tho i apply very early. i feel like if i contact her now she can be 100% honest with me because she doesn't work there anymore.

Rand627

5+ Year Member
May 7, 2014
Status
Pre-Dental
Extremely unprofessional? Why? If you've been in contact with the person and you guys are at least somewhat of friends there is no problem. Just don't sound desperate and don't be a nag and you're fine.

OP
Z
Aug 9, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
Extremely unprofessional? Why? If you've been in contact with the person and you guys are at least somewhat of friends there is no problem. Just don't sound desperate and don't be a nag and you're fine.
yeah i have been in contact with her throughout the application cycle. she even told me to keep her posted on what i have been doing since i was put on hold. i try emailing the new ladies, but she wasn't helpful or seem interested at all. it not like she can make a different on my application now, but i just wanted to know the reason behind the hold.

whaleofatale

2+ Year Member
Mar 10, 2015
Status
Academic Administration
the admission committee that i have been in contact with have recently left her job for another school. i found her profile on linkeden, and was thinking about adding her to get her honest opinion about my application. since she doesn't work there anymore, she has no influence on the admission process, so i don't think this is an unfair advantage. so it ok for me to add her?
Do not do this. It comes off as extremely desperate and unprofessional. I would be absolutely creeped out if a student did this to me and would probably contact my previous employer to let them know.

OrphanageCaretaker

2+ Year Member
Nov 24, 2014
Status
Dental Student
Might as well say f it and add her on Snapchat too