adding another DO school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xoomn

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey does anyone know how to add another DO school after you have submitted your application? I want to add another schoold but don't know how to.
Thankx.. :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

I'm going on a fuzzy memory here, but this is how I did it when I wanted to add a few more schools.

When AACOMAS sends you the paper that gives you a recap of your grades and such, they will have a list of DO schools on the back. You can check off any of the schools and send the paper back to them. The exact instructions should be on that paper.

I did this. All that you have to do, is send AACOMAS your identification number, password, and all of that stuff. Oh yeah and the 50 dollar check for all of the time it takes them to submit another application on your behalf.

Members don't see this ad :)
when you goto the application page at aacomas and see the before you apply button or something. on that page that has all the instructions it has instructions and pricing scheme for adding more schools.

Its your name, ssn, the school names and a money order for the cost of adding another one.

lmbebo said:
when you goto the application page at aacomas and see the before you apply button or something. on that page that has all the instructions it has instructions and pricing scheme for adding more schools.

Its your name, ssn, the school names and a money order for the cost of adding another one.

No offense to the OP, but doesn't anybody bother to read instructions anymore? I have noticed that at least half of the question I have seen posted regarding AACOMAS and AAMCAS application stuff are things that are quite explicitly addressed in the instructions. It seems to me that when filling out an application that will affect the rest of your life, it is a good idea to read the instructions, and if you have a question regarding the application or procedure, the first place to look would be the instructions rather than sdn? :thumbup:

no one reads instructions....until something breaks.

I'm the typical of an standard american...when I get a DVD player/CD player/ or new video game...you think I read the instructions first???

hell no.

I plug that bad boy in and when it jacks up....then I read them..

kinda like a guy askig for directions.....its the smart thing to do but do we do it? NOPE!

Till the GF puts her foot down...and then we gotta listen :)

Robz said:
no one reads instructions....until something breaks.

I'm the typical of an standard american...when I get a DVD player/CD player/ or new video game...you think I read the instructions first???

hell no.

I plug that bad boy in and when it jacks up....then I read them..

kinda like a guy askig for directions.....its the smart thing to do but do we do it? NOPE!

Till the GF puts her foot down...and then we gotta listen :)

I figured my med school application was a bit more important than my DVD player or video game. The consequences of screwing up my med school application might be a bit worse than the consequences of not programming the time on my VCR correclty :thumbup:

Last year I added 3 schools after I had submitted my application. I printed off the school list from AACOMAS web site and circled the ones I wanted on their form and paid the correct amount and then mailed it to them. Piece of cake.

this thread is like 2 years old?

lmbebo said:
this thread is like 2 years old?
Holy sh**t it is. I don't know how I even got it on my screen to respond to it, but i think I am pretty cool for reviving a 2 year old thread!! Kick Ass :thumbup: Ass