Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Adding Diversity to Medical School (Serious Replies ONLY!!)

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Delphium, Apr 20, 2004.

1. Delphium

Delphium Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Since medical schools claim they love diversity, should I wear this outfit to interviews? I think it will set me apart from the other applicants.

[​IMG]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Heal&Teach

Heal&Teach cogito ergo sum
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    This outfit certainly would set you apart and ensure that that adcoms rememer who you are. However, I don't think Huggy Bear was quite the diversity that med schools are looking for. You could start a new trend. I'd do a purple suit and gators, but lose the hat and sunglasses (they're not ready for all of that yet). If someone says anything derogatory to you, just reply "hate the game, not the playa," and then pimp slap them, just to show 'em what time it is.

Best of luck playa. It's your world.

H&T (aka Foxy Brown)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. kito

kito Big Evil
    10+ Year Member

Don't forget the face paint and the feathered boa.

4. liverotcod

liverotcod Lieutenant Crunch
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    How is that different? *Everyone* dresses like that these days. It's so passe.
    :D

5. Pontifex Maximus

Pontifex Maximus Rads-a-palooza
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
  6. tautomer

7+ Year Member

Only if you can take those psychedelic swirls floating around your head with you.

7. tofurious

tofurious Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Huggy Bear had three things going for him in a med school application 1) minority background 2) poor background 3) paid and volunteering experience among drug addicts that inspired him to further investigate the human psyche. I can probably write a winning AMCAS application essay for Huggy Bear.

As for the outfit, I am sorry to say that it only fits the med school criterion of diversity if it's ethnically oriented (except if you are Polish, Russian, Croatian, all Asians, Iranian, Iraqi, Libyan, Palestinian, Egyptian, Somalian, Sudanese, etc). Also, since many pimps are white, pimps do not belong to the historically disadvantaged groups.

8. Zweihander

Zweihander Billygoat Gruff
    Gold Donor Verified Account 15+ Year Member

I used to own a feathered boa. It was purple.
    :)

9. Neuronix

Neuronix Total nerd
    Administrator Physician PhD Faculty Verified Expert SDN Advisor 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Diversity in medical school only applies to things that can be quantified. Weirdness can't be quantified :D