candbgirl

Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2005
Status
Have you checked the school specific threads to see if any of the schools you have applied to have even started offering interviews? And mid July was only 2 weeks ago. If your letters are good , you have a good and focused list and your ECs are good you'll be okay. But remember nothing in this process is for sure. Where did you apply? Nice job on the MCAT.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile app

Last edited:

gyngyn

Staff member
Administrator
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2011
Status
Attending Physician
"Top 50" schools do not tend to be in any hurry to offer interviews (with rare exceptions).
Adding schools where you are above the 10th percentile will not improve your outcome.

Mansamusa

2+ Year Member
Dec 22, 2015
Status
Medical Student
1) humblebrag. But a well earned humblebrag. Congrats.
2) No need for low-tiers (besides your state school). From what I've seen 3.7+ sGPA + 35-36+ MCAT + top 10 + all the other ducks in a row= top 20 med school or a scholarship to another school.

OP
K
Jul 31, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Is it common to have submitted secondaries throughout July and then receive interviews through August and September?

yungspleen

5+ Year Member
Oct 12, 2014
North Carolina
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Is it common to have submitted secondaries throughout July and then receive interviews through August and September?
Haven't received any yet and I applied to like 25 in July. Just be patient they'll start rolling in during the next few weeks