Adding Med Schools after AMCAS submission

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

QuackDentist

I'm your ugly duckling.
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I have a question. My friend applied to med school and would like to add other schools. The problem is that she already submitted her AMCAS. So, what do you guys think. Will it be "too late" for her in terms of being a competitive applicant? And, how do you add? Do you just add a school on AMCAS? Thank you!

And good luck with the application process... it's a toughie.

--quackers

Members don't see this ad.

awwww... someone, please help. :-( I know it says I'm pre-dental but I have good intentions. :-(

Members don't see this ad :)
I just did what your friend wants to do. Just go to the "medical schools" tab of the AMCAS application. There should be a button to "add schools". Then you will have to "submit" you application again. Don't worry - if the AMCAS is already approved, it won't mess you up. Follow the instructions to pay and then AMCAS will forward the primary app on to the schools you select.

Hope this helps.

Thank you so much. I will definitely tell her.

I don't want her looking at SDN cuz (from my experience from the pre-dents board) it's crazy. It makes people more neurotic. :-(

I think you are right... this is not a good place for my psyche to be right now.

C