adding more schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JDUB44

My Wiener (See Pic Below)
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've applied to 5 school so far, four of which I think I have a decent shot of getting in at, please correct me if i'm wrong about that. Thing is I would like to add some more but would I be kinda late now? Or am I still pretty early, my letter of rec packet should be done sometime early next week so I won't be complete anywhere regardless untill that is done so. So would I still be pretty early if I added some now, thinking about some of the VA schools, they look like they take quite a few OOSers.

Members don't see this ad.

I think you'd still be in an ok position. Remember there are a significant amount of people who will wait for August MCAT scores to come out as well, so they won't be complete until October. You're still ahead of them by two months.

I certainly don't think it's too late to add more schools, especially since interviews have not even started yet. I wouldn't say that you necessarily need to add more, since it looks like you're competitive for those schools you are applying to, but it can't hurt (except your wallet, of course).

I would apply to a few more because statistically it is dangerous to only apply to five schools, no matter how good your stats are.