1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

adding more schools

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by JDUB44, Aug 4, 2006.

1. JDUB44

JDUB44 My Wiener (See Pic Below)
    7+ Year Member

I've applied to 5 school so far, four of which I think I have a decent shot of getting in at, please correct me if i'm wrong about that. Thing is I would like to add some more but would I be kinda late now? Or am I still pretty early, my letter of rec packet should be done sometime early next week so I won't be complete anywhere regardless untill that is done so. So would I still be pretty early if I added some now, thinking about some of the VA schools, they look like they take quite a few OOSers.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. airflare

airflare Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I think you'd still be in an ok position. Remember there are a significant amount of people who will wait for August MCAT scores to come out as well, so they won't be complete until October. You're still ahead of them by two months.

4. drjewel

drjewel Junior Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I certainly don't think it's too late to add more schools, especially since interviews have not even started yet. I wouldn't say that you necessarily need to add more, since it looks like you're competitive for those schools you are applying to, but it can't hurt (except your wallet, of course).

5. Zoom-Zoom

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I would apply to a few more because statistically it is dangerous to only apply to five schools, no matter how good your stats are.