Adding schools after submitting AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sotired

sotired
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
To designate additional schools once you have submitted your application to AMCAS, you must re-enter your AMCAS application, select the additional schools you wish to designate, and re-certify and re-submit your application to AMCAS. You must re-certify and re-submit your application with the additionally designated schools by the stated deadlines of the schools you wish to add.

...this is from the amcas website...but i'm a bit confused about it. i was planning on submitting my amcas now, and then depending on how my scores turn out (in oct) adding more.

but if i want to add more, the whole thing has to be verified again? my whole point in submitting it now so they would be verified earlier...

i'm confused.

Members don't see this ad.

Certifying and submitting isn't the same thing as verification. I think it's just re-doing the signature page and clicking submit.

once you're verified, submitting to different schools is literally a few clicks and giving them more money and that's it. so you did the right thing by submitting earlier and then adding more schools later.