Adding Schools on AMCAS after Verification

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mdsh00

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I was wondering if my AMCAS application would get held back if I added another school to my list, even after my application has been processed.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Nope. Add away. Once your application has been processed/verified, it's up to the individual schools to go from there. AMCAS couldn't care less if you add more schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
mdsh00 said:
Hi everyone. I was wondering if my AMCAS application would get held back if I added another school to my list, even after my application has been processed.

Bones2008 is right...you're fine if you add more schools. Just to add to his post, the website looks like it's going to make you go through the whole verification process again after you add the schools (i.e., it puts you on hold again, etc.), but this only lasts a very short time. Don't let it freak you out when it does that.

Can you remove schools after it has been processed?

Sorry for hijacking a thread from 11 years ago, but what if you add more program? Say you apply to MD initially and add MD/PhD programs later. That gives you two more essays to write. Does it hold back the verification until you finish the additional essays?