Adding Video to Applications

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dick Jones

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Long story short... I'm a first gen undergrad student. I was selected for a documentary program at my school. Basically, the video crew has been following me around videotaping and taking photos. The idea behind the video is that disadvantaged students CAN accomplish their goals. Should I obtain copies of the video and mail to schools?

P.S. the video will be shown on honors night at my university....

Members don't see this ad.

Long story short... I'm a first gen undergrad student. I was selected for a documentary program at my school. Basically, the video crew has been following me around videotaping and taking photos. The idea behind the video is that disadvantaged students CAN accomplish their goals. Should I obtain copies of the video and mail to schools?

Cite it as an activity. Don't bother sending anything unless requested.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile

Members don't see this ad :)

If you do, you better make sure you are spot on during the entire video. Putting this in your statement/activities will probably be safer/more effective.

Please don't. The last thing we need is med school adcoms getting the idea that video essays need to be a new requirement in the admissions process.

Please don't. The last thing we need is med school adcoms getting the idea that video essays need to be a new requirement in the admissions process.

[YOUTUBE]l6WEn0WWrIw[/YOUTUBE]

A scholarship foundation I got awards from did a video about me for their donors & whatnot. I definitely did not send it to schools. I just cited that I received the awards.The things that got me those awards are reflected in my PS.