Dick Jones

5+ Year Member
Aug 1, 2012
Minnesota
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Long story short... I'm a first gen undergrad student. I was selected for a documentary program at my school. Basically, the video crew has been following me around videotaping and taking photos. The idea behind the video is that disadvantaged students CAN accomplish their goals. Should I obtain copies of the video and mail to schools?

P.S. the video will be shown on honors night at my university....

MedPR

Removed
Dec 1, 2011
Status
Pre-Podiatry
Long story short... I'm a first gen undergrad student. I was selected for a documentary program at my school. Basically, the video crew has been following me around videotaping and taking photos. The idea behind the video is that disadvantaged students CAN accomplish their goals. Should I obtain copies of the video and mail to schools?

Cite it as an activity. Don't bother sending anything unless requested.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile

Jul 18, 2012
I am from the United States of America
Status
Pre-Medical

If you do, you better make sure you are spot on during the entire video. Putting this in your statement/activities will probably be safer/more effective.

OCDOCDOCD

5+ Year Member
May 26, 2012
Status
Non-Student
Please don't. The last thing we need is med school adcoms getting the idea that video essays need to be a new requirement in the admissions process.

PreMedOrDead

I'm sure you'll get in...
5+ Year Member
May 19, 2012
A dark, dark cave
Status
Please don't. The last thing we need is med school adcoms getting the idea that video essays need to be a new requirement in the admissions process.
[YOUTUBE]l6WEn0WWrIw[/YOUTUBE]

Ellie Arroway

5+ Year Member
Jun 13, 2010
Smithville, TN
A scholarship foundation I got awards from did a video about me for their donors & whatnot. I definitely did not send it to schools. I just cited that I received the awards.The things that got me those awards are reflected in my PS.