additional comments?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

angietron3000

*black magic soul power*
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So the school where I did my post-bacc premed only offered 6 units of g chem, o chem, bio & physics. It seems like about half of the schools want 8 units of these. I have a good GPA and pretty good MCAT so it's not like I didn't learn anything..

My question is, should I mention in the "personal comments, etc" section of secondaries that I only have 6 units of each and that I'm working on more, so they don't cut me automatically for not having enough? or just not mention it cos it'll bring negative attention to me?

Members don't see this ad.

angietron3000 said:
So the school where I did my post-bacc premed only offered 6 units of g chem, o chem, bio & physics. It seems like about half of the schools want 8 units of these. I have a good GPA and pretty good MCAT so it's not like I didn't learn anything..

My question is, should I mention in the "personal comments, etc" section of secondaries that I only have 6 units of each and that I'm working on more, so they don't cut me automatically for not having enough? or just not mention it cos it'll bring negative attention to me?

Don't they have a section for future classes? I would say list them in your AMCAS, but that is too late now. However, I don't think it would hurt as long as you complete those classes before matriculation.

DrHopeless said:
Don't they have a section for future classes? I would say list them in your AMCAS, but that is too late now. However, I don't think it would hurt as long as you complete those classes before matriculation.

yeah i wanted to list them in amcas, the problem is when you're not enrolled as an undergrad it's pretty impossible to predict where and when and which classes you'll be able to petition and get into.. some secondaries don't have a future classes section, just a "is there anything else you want us to know" section.. guess i should just mention that i'll have them done before matriculation..