Additional Courses?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RaistlinMajere

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are other classes that I could take during the bridge year, which would be helpful for med school? I'm planning on taking biochem in the fall and genetics in the spring. Any others?

Members don't see this ad.

RaistlinMajere said:
What are other classes that I could take during the bridge year, which would be helpful for med school? I'm planning on taking biochem in the fall and genetics in the spring. Any others?

What have you already taken!?

I've taken the pre-reqs and physio. I guess I'm deciding between biostats, immunology, neurobiology, the bio of cancer or an HIV course. Or should I go in a different direction altogether?

Members don't see this ad :)
Biochem is a great class. I am in my second week of classes and haven't had to study biochem yet because it has been review so far. We have biochem for 10 hours each week.

Physiology, anatomy, immuno, genetics, micro are all good to have to help you that first semester of med school.

biostatistics would be really helpful if you're planning on doing any research. otherwise, just take whatever sounds the most interesting.

oh yeah - and there's a few schools out there (not many) that require biochem, so that might be a good idea.