kelpy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2003
Visit site
Status
I think the additional information essays in the secondary applications is really annoying. I don't want to leave it blank and have them think I'm not enthusiastic enough, but I really don't know what to put on there without being repetitive. How do you guys deal with this?

Especially WashU only has a 3000 character additional information essay. I really don't know what to write there!

geno2568

10+ Year Member
Apr 16, 2006
Ithaca, NY
Status
Pre-Medical
Think of it this way:

if you look at your amcas, does it paint an accurate picture of you? If it does, then don't write anything.

If it doesn't, write why it doesn't.

LauraPaz

10+ Year Member
Jun 25, 2006
St. Louis
laurapaz.livejournal.com
Status
Medical Student
kelpy said:
I think the additional information essays in the secondary applications is really annoying. I don't want to leave it blank and have them think I'm not enthusiastic enough, but I really don't know what to put on there without being repetitive. How do you guys deal with this?

Especially WashU only has a 3000 character additional information essay. I really don't know what to write there!
Most people would say if you have anything at all worthwhile, don't leave it blank. While I agree with this to some extent, I left most of them blank. The only time I added to my apps was when I was currently taking or planned to take something listed as a pre-req (i.e. Columbia's English requirement, since they don't accept AP credits). As far as Wash U goes, I didn't write anything in theirs, and it obviously didn't have too much of a negative effect on my application :)