Additional LOR along with committee letter?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mountainman121

Reaction score
Hi all,

So I have already submitted by committee letter to AMCAS, which also contains 3 individual letters (English and biochem professors, physician I shadowed). However, I just had an idea for an another letter from someone who knows me extremely well. She is a nurse anesthetist and supervised me during my clinical volunteering. She was not the volunteer coordinator, and she was actually working with me/in charge of me basically. I honestly think a letter from her could be the best among my potential 4 letters. We had a close relationship, got along extremely well, and she could speak to my volunteer work in the hospital and personality extremely well. However, since I have already submitted my committee letter, I wasn't sure if this could be seen as fluff, and I certainly do not want to waste her time by asking her to write a letter if it would not have any impact on my application. Would appreciate any input!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,

So I have already submitted by committee letter to AMCAS, which also contains 3 individual letters (English and biochem professors, physician I shadowed). However, I just had an idea for an another letter from someone who knows me extremely well. She is a nurse anesthetist and supervised me during my clinical volunteering. She was not the volunteer coordinator, and she was actually working with me/in charge of me basically. I honestly think a letter from her could be the best among my potential 4 letters. We had a close relationship, got along extremely well, and she could speak to my volunteer work in the hospital and personality extremely well. However, since I have already submitted my committee letter, I wasn't sure if this could be seen as fluff, and I certainly do not want to waste her time by asking her to write a letter if it would not have any impact on my application. Would appreciate any input!
More is not better. As Someone who has to read these things, have mercy.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It would not be recommended at my school.
If you are applying to one of the schools that recommends a "clinical letter" (AZ, USUHS, RFU...) it seems ok.
Gotcha, thank you for letting me know!

Reactions: 1 user