additional school recommendations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Petypet

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have posted a lot in the non trad forums but figured I would get the input of a few people here:

3.6 gpa (both cumulative and science) BS chemistry
50 hours clinical Volunteering
3.6 grad GPA (PhD biochemistry)
~40 hours shadowing
6 years research (biochem/ochem)
mcat (sept) Averaging 29-34
multiple leadership positions, poster sessions, etc
taught for 2 years
other misc ECs, not necessarily medicinally relevent
TN resident

I have applied to

MD:
Ohio State
Univ. Cinn
Wright State
University of TN
East TN
Penn State

DO:
OUCOM
CCOM
NYCOM
NOVA
DCOM

I am finishing my PhD this year, a year earlier than expected, hence the rush and delay in the process. I have submitted all primaries (AACOMAS verified) and all DO + University of Cinn secondaries. I have the essays pre written for the other MD so once my AMCAS gets verified that is a go. All letters are in and sent, 2 PI's that I did research for, 1 DO physician, and 1 chem prof that I TA'd for. So obviously my MCAT is later than usual, and my ECs are not cream of the crop. I know that, and I can't change it this cycle. The wheels are rolling, and knowing my stats what are some other schools to apply that would suit my residency and stats. The goal is to get in, hopefully first shot. Waiting is not an option as the money has been spent, and I realize that if I wait and apply later its "better", but I would like to attempt to make the most out of the situation I've been given.

What other schools can I cast my net to so that we get in first shot. I don't care DO vs MD, but I was thinking maybe 2 more of each. Realistically it would be within driving distance of Columbus Ohio because of finances and amount of time.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited: