Additional Schools???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sdvale

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think I need to expand my list. I was trying to stay in the western part of the U.S., but am now starting to look at my small list (and growing smaller) and panic. Any suggestions on east coast schools that like OOS and are not obsessed with research would be great.

Stats
GPA: 3.9 (science and non-science)
MCAT: 35N
Weak in medical experience, but have a law degree and I think my PS adequately covered the change in careers.
SD resident

Have applied to:
South Dakota
UWashington-rejected
UColorado
UNebraska-rejected
UKansas
UMinnesota
Mayo-quick rejection
Creighton
U of Iowa
U of Utah-rejected

Any suggestions as to other schools?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Pretty much every east coast private school is friendly to OOSers. You're numbers are competitive, so I'd think that you'd be justified in applying to a good chunk of them. Consult MSAR.

I think I need to expand my list. I was trying to stay in the western part of the U.S., but am now starting to look at my small list (and growing smaller) and panic. Any suggestions on east coast schools that like OOS and are not obsessed with research would be great.

Stats
Weak in medical experience, but have a law degree and I think my PS adequately covered the change in careers.
SD resident

Have applied to:
South Dakota
UWashington-rejected
UColorado
UNebraska-rejected
UKansas
UMinnesota
Mayo-quick rejection
Creighton
U of Iowa
U of Utah-rejected

Case Western

Members don't see this ad :)

Stats
SD resident

Have applied to:
South Dakota
UWashington-rejected
UColorado
UNebraska-rejected
UKansas
UMinnesota
Mayo-quick rejection
Creighton
U of Iowa
U of Utah-rejected

How about U of WI and Medical college of Wisconsin?

If you are weak in clinical experience and shadowing, you might consider getting involved in both now and regularly sending schools update letters are your pertinent activities and hours. If you don't specifically have any nonmedical community service, you might list any pro bono work you've done to cover expectations for demonstrated altruism.

Some med schools to consider with a decent OOS matriculation rate:

UCentral Florida, Boston, SLU, Einstein, Rochester, Oregon,
UConn, Georgetown, Miami, Maryland, Stony Brook, Cincinnati, Penn State, UWisconsin
Loyola, RFU, UKentucky, Albany, SUNY Downstate, Hofstra (new), Jefferson, MCW, USCarolina
UIllinois, Wayne, Buffalo, Toledo, Drexel, Temple, Vermont, VCU, Virginia Tech Carilion (new),