1classylady

10+ Year Member
Aug 2, 2006
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Certain medical schools have, for required courses, additional sciences listed for two semesters. I know they are refering to computer sciences, math, social, and natural sciences, but what are the exact classes? Would Sociology and Human Growth and Development complete this requirement?

braluk

SDN Surgerynator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 30, 2006
The Big Easy
Status
Medical Student
id ask the schools themselves, but judging from the nature of allopathic medicine, i wouldnt really classify sociology as a science per se, in terms of what allopathic schools are looking for (im an anthro bio double major). HUman Growth and development sounds like embryology or somehting to that effect, that would qualify. I would consider anything in the "additional sciences" to be anything that would count towards your BCMP GPA.

mvenus929

10+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2006
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
I think they mean physical and biological sciences. So, Physics, Biology, and Chemistry. I don't think they're referring to the computer sciences (those aren't requirements for any med school that I know of...) or social sciences (which some schools do require). I also doubt they're talking about math classes, since those aren't science classes (unless it's a statistics class designed for science majors... then it's debatable). When in doubt, ask the school.

About the Ads