Apr 30, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
I just submitted my AMCAS on 7/13. On my contact info, I listed my old apartment as my preferred address. I want to change it to my new address, but then I have to resubmit my AMCAS application. Will I lose my spot in line for verification?

Would waiting until I am verified and then sending each school I applied to an email with my new address be a better route to go on?

BlueElmo

10+ Year Member
Sep 7, 2006
Status
Medical Student
I just submitted my AMCAS on 7/13. On my contact info, I listed my old apartment as my preferred address. I want to change it to my new address, but then I have to resubmit my AMCAS application. Will I lose my spot in line for verification?

Would waiting until I am verified and then sending each school I applied to an email with my new address be a better route to go on?
I would wait until the app. is verified before updating.

dw2158

10+ Year Member
Dec 28, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
I would wait until the app. is verified before updating.
agreed.

also, FWIW, i'd check with all your schools individually. i have to update my address as well, and i know many of them want it through AMCAS but some want you to notify their office directly in some way.

OP
A
Apr 30, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
after verification though that wont affect the schools my primary was already sent to right?

dw2158

10+ Year Member
Dec 28, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
after verification though that wont affect the schools my primary was already sent to right?
as i understand it, no. i started a thread about this the other day... someone there might have answered that question. i think all re-submitting does is provide your schools with a "refresh" of information.