Addressed to former UCLA students now attenting dental school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

piccolo2385

Fake News Junkie
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a quick question about the course requirements for biochemistry for a few dental schools, specifically UCLA and UCSF. I know I need to take biochem (CHEM 153A), but I wasn't sure whether or not I need to take biochem lab (CHEM 153L) to get admitted to those particular schools. Since I will be graduating soon and would rather not have to take this course, I was wondering if I can do without it. Are there any schools where taking biochemistry lab is required? Thank you in advance for any help and suggestions!

Members don't see this ad.

No, you only need 153A for all UCLA and UCSF so you don't need to take the lab. Good luck.

piccolo2385 said:
I have a quick question about the course requirements for biochemistry for a few dental schools, specifically UCLA and UCSF. I know I need to take biochem (CHEM 153A), but I wasn't sure whether or not I need to take biochem lab (CHEM 153L) to get admitted to those particular schools. Since I will be graduating soon and would rather not have to take this course, I was wondering if I can do without it. Are there any schools where taking biochemistry lab is required? Thank you in advance for any help and suggestions!

Thank you very much for the prompt and helpful answer, BUBBLICIOUS! Also, congratulations on getting into UCLA! Since I've had the chance to volunteer there extensively, it's definitely my number one choice and I hope to join you there next year!