Addressing Challenges in Secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OGLoc23

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
While completing the prereqs part-time as a postbacc, I did some clinical and non-clinical volunteering, but I didn't work. Should I address this in secondary prompts asking "Anything more you'd like to tell us?" I spent the rest of my time helping my mother, an immigrant limited in English luency, with managing the household after my father passed. I didn't work because money isn't an issue and I was needed more at home.

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks Goro.

Also, I'm still searching for employment for my gap year. For gap year questions, should I just mention my plan to work full-time, despite not having yet secured employment?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks Goro.

Also, I'm still searching for employment for my gap year. For gap year questions, should I just mention my plan to work full-time, despite not having yet secured employment?
Some secondaries will ask what's your plan for the gap year. You can mention you are looking for a full-time job and send an update (if the school has the option) or bring it up at an interview later. That's what I did.

Reactions: 1 user
Some secondaries will ask what's your plan for the gap year. You can mention you are looking for a full-time job and send an update (if the school has the option) or bring it up at an interview later. That's what I did.
Awesome! Thanks. Was it ever an issue for you? I suppose I'm worried that not yet having any plans set would look bad.

Awesome! Thanks. Was it ever an issue for you? I suppose I'm worried that not yet having any plans set would look bad.
Never was an issue. As long as you are doing something productive and not staying at home playing video games all day it'll be fine.

Reactions: 1 user