• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

ADEX CompeDont and Perio manikin exam

vcl238

7+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2011
    Hi!

Has anyone taken the ADEX manikin exam for the restorative and perio portions? Would you mind commenting on the difficulty of prepping the CompeDont tooth and whether significant modification requests were needed to excavate caries? Was the perio manikin exam straightforward?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

vcl238

7+ Year Member
    Jul 24, 2011
      I practiced with regular typodont teeth (no caries) that fit the ModuPro One typodont. Acadental now sells RTX caries teeth that are compatible with the ModuPRO One typodont. If you don't have the typodont, you could try finding a used one on ebay.

I didn't practice for the perio section. Acadental also sells a ModuPRO Perio typodont with prepopulated calculus if you wanted to though.

Reactions: 1 user
      About the Ads

Toothfairy0805

2+ Year Member
      Sep 13, 2018
        I posted this question back in September but didn't get any responses. Since then, I've taken the ADEX manikin exam and have made a video talking about my experience. Below are the links to my videos if you are interested.

https://youtu.be/f8T7IjtMnxI

https://youtu.be/28KOz9Kaigo
        These videos were very helpful! I am also a non-traditional candidate who specialized and hasn’t done these procedures in years so it was very reassuring to hear your experience. Thank you for that and congratulations on passing!! Thinking back to my WREB experience and now with manikin exams, is it necessary or helpful to have an assistant for the examination?

vcl238

7+ Year Member
        Jul 24, 2011
          These videos were very helpful! I am also a non-traditional candidate who specialized and hasn’t done these procedures in years so it was very reassuring to hear your experience. Thank you for that and congratulations on passing!! Thinking back to my WREB experience and now with manikin exams, is it necessary or helpful to have an assistant for the examination?
          When I took the exam, assistants were not allowed. I'm not sure if that has changed. It is definitely doable without an assistant, especially if you don't have to prep the teeth with water or use the cavitron. I'd suggest using your setup time efficiently and getting everything you need ready before the start time. Hope things go well for you!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.