Admission requirements to Germany

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mphilippe

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody,
I would like to know what are the requirements for canadian students who would like to study in Germany.

And also, where is the best place to take the DSH exam ?

Members don't see this ad.

I am an American that just finished med school in Germany. The most important requirement is that you can speak German because there are no programs in English to my knowledge. I had a Bachelor's degree when I applied but there are other options if you do not yet have a Degree- even though starting right out of (American) high school is not possible.

There are already many post on this site with the information you need. Another good site is the one below (studentdoctor.net in German).

http://www.medi-learn.de

The DSH-Pruefung can be taken in just just about every German city (I am not sure if there are options elsewhere) but I think it is only offered a few times a year.

Anyways, good luck and have fun in Germany if it works out!! :)

I am an American that just finished med school in Germany. The most important requirement is that you can speak German because there are no programs in English to my knowledge. I had a Bachelor's degree when I applied but there are other options if you do not yet have a Degree- even though starting right out of (American) high school is not possible.

There are already many post on this site with the information you need. Another good site is the one below (studentdoctor.net in German).

http://www.medi-learn.de

The DSH-Pruefung can be taken in just just about every German city (I am not sure if there are options elsewhere) but I think it is only offered a few times a year.

Anyways, good luck and have fun in Germany if it works out!! :)

Hi Haven , I am a dentist from India , i would like to know about your experience in the med school in germany. i am looking forward for doing post grad in dentistry from germany. thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey haven,

Do you mind to share what your credentials for the admission are? I just got a 3.1 gpa for my Bachelor degree. My low gpa was mainly caused by a very low Accounting and Math grade. Fortunately I got to do infectious disease research at Harvard for 2.5 years. Now I am in Germany learning German. The language is very difficult, but I really like it, and am considering to apply for med school here... but knowing of the new centralized system... in your opinion, am I have a chance?

hello there, does anybody knows something Admission requirements into residency in Germany (for ex: orthopedics)

Last edited:
Hey there,

i am a medstudent from germany, especially Goettingen.

If you got any questions about coming to germany etc. (Adresses, clinical electives, etc...) i would be glad helping you wiht that.

Maybe someone can help me in return with getting a chance to do a clinical elective in the US?

Greetings from Germany!
SushiMan

Hey there,

i am a medstudent from germany, especially Goettingen.

If you got any questions about coming to germany etc. (Adresses, clinical electives, etc...) i would be glad helping you wiht that.

Maybe someone can help me in return with getting a chance to do a clinical elective in the US?

Greetings from Germany!
SushiMan

hello there, can you tell me just basic facts, how it works to get into residency into germany, something like first i have to do 'this', seconda i have to do 'that' etc

Hello, my cousine is also a dentist in Ukraine, and he would also want to do his internship in dentistry in Germany, I would appreciate any information on this problem. What are the documents and where I can find some more information. Please help if you can.

Hi I'm a dentist graduated from tunisia and I'm willing to perusue my post grad studies in a hospital in germany... I went through researchs several months and i didn't find a way to get the right information...
Can you please tell me at least how to begin... Or the right procedures to take?