Admission Requirements

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tb1383

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do all of the required courses (1 year of all the sciences) have to be completed by the time you are applying to schools? I have finished 2/3 of a year (my school is on quarters) of biology and will be finishing the last class up in the fall along the other recommended biology courses throughout next year. Will this affect me applying to schools? Or as long as I have the requirements finished by the time I start medical school, I will be fine?

Members don't see this ad.

have you taken your mcat?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do all of the required courses (1 year of all the sciences) have to be completed by the time you are applying to schools? I have finished 2/3 of a year (my school is on quarters) of biology and will be finishing the last class up in the fall along the other recommended biology courses throughout next year. Will this affect me applying to schools? Or as long as I have the requirements finished by the time I start medical school, I will be fine?

You will be fine as long as you complete all prerequisites and graduate before you start medical school.

I am a non-traditional applicant. I graduated college with a business degree and went back to school. I don't need another degree, just the required courses. I have all the required courses finished except one biology course, which I will be taking next year (along with other various biology courses just to increase my biology knowledge). I assumed it would be ok if I applied now as long as I had the requirements finished by the time I would start medical school. I just wanted to make sure if this is true or not. And yes, I have taken the MCAT (just took it April 12).

I am a non-traditional applicant. I graduated college with a business degree and went back to school. I don't need another degree, just the required courses. I have all the required courses finished except one biology course, which I will be taking next year (along with other various biology courses just to increase my biology knowledge). I assumed it would be ok if I applied now as long as I had the requirements finished by the time I would start medical school. I just wanted to make sure if this is true or not. And yes, I have taken the MCAT (just took it April 12).
Yes, this should be fine.