Admission stats for M.S. program at UNTHSC/TCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

healingwave

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know the admission statistics for the post-bacc program at UNTHSC/TCOM?

Members don't see this ad.

There is a publicly-available Prezi that discusses this information. According to it, in 2014 the average admitted students' stats were: 3.34 GPA, 27 MCAT, 19 DAT, 305 GRE. It also lists criteria they use to determine admission, and graduate success rates. I also remember seeing somewhere that they receive somewhere around 800 applications for the program a year. Not sure how old that recent or accurate that information is, but I'm sure you get the idea.

Anyone know the admission statistics for the post-bacc program at UNTHSC/TCOM?
Minimum criteria are as follows, with source sites provided:

-Specific grade point average (GPA) requirements for both non-degree and degree-seeking students follow. The GPA is calculated by dividing the total number of grade points earned by the total number of semester hours attempted. The applicant must have at least a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale on the last 60 undergraduate semester hours of course work before receiving the bachelor's degree, or on all undergraduate work, in order to receive unconditional admission to the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences. Applicants who have already completed a master's degree must have at least a 3.0 GPA on the master's or meet the undergraduate GPA standards listed above in order to be admitted unconditionally. Non-degree seeking students will be allowed to take a maximum of 12 semester credit hours. http://www.hsc.unt.edu/catalog/2013-2014/45-Admissions.htm

-While not the only criterion considered in acceptance into medical school, the applicant should have a competitive MCAT score before the application deadline. In general, composite MCAT scores below 20 and individual subset scores below 6 are not competitive. https://www.unthsc.edu/graduate-sch...ly-the-post-baccalaureate-premedical-program/

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm sure he could have used this answer 8 months ago.