Admission Stats

DrCurious

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2005
    I have looked at stats for admissions in the MSAR, USNEWS, and the Princeton review site. They show varying statistics at some schools, was wondering which was the most accurate? I assume its the MSAR, but I am second guessing it.

Elastase

StanfUrd bound!!!
    10+ Year Member
    5+ Year Member
    Aug 14, 2004
    Tha Bay
    www.healthcareforall.org
    1. Pre-Medical
      The MSAR is official (however there can be some typos). The US News sometimes can get data from the year before (for example the current US News Medical School book has data from 2004, and the latest MSAR has data from 2005). I have no idea about Princeton Review, but I am guess that it might be even less accurate. Stick with the MSAR. Good luck.

About the Ads

silas2642

silas2642
      10+ Year Member
      Jul 24, 2005
      1. Resident [Any Field]
        DrCurious said:
        I have looked at stats for admissions in the MSAR, USNEWS, and the Princeton review site. They show varying statistics at some schools, was wondering which was the most accurate? I assume its the MSAR, but I am second guessing it.

Yeah, but I'm guessing they're all very similar... I mean I don't think that adcom members are sitting around saying "Joe Schmoe's mcat score is 0.21 points from our mean!! Reject! Reject!!!"

About the Ads
        This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.