Admission stats?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

frankali

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am interested in knowing the averags MCAT scores and GPAs for St. George, Saba, AU. Also, the stability of the locales for these schools = physical safety of students.

------------------

Members don't see this ad.

Here is my personal opinion on those stats:
St George's: GPA 3.3 MCAT 28
AUC: GPA 3.2 MCAT optional ~ 25
SABA: GPA 3.0 MCAT optional

Safety: AUC & SABA equal=the best in Caribbean.
St G a bit less, due drugs (Coke port)
Ross: the worst.. a real nightmare..

Considering lifestyle & luxury, AUC is best.
Final advice:
Go to StG if you can enter, next is AUC.
Good luck,
Andre

To Andre,

Your SGU stats are a bit high. I believe that a 3.0 GPA and 25 MCAT can get you into SGU (my room mate at Grenada was in this range). If you don't have those credentials, you can probably still get in. It's not hard to get in.

In Grenada, the safety is pretty good as long as you don't go off in the "bad" part of the island. My buddies and I (pretty big guys) can wander around town at night and nothing would happen. A lot of panhandlers are in Grenada, but they're not violent. The machete they're carrying is to help them cut down bananas and coconuts from the trees not for hurting people. People are pretty nice down there.

Members don't see this ad :)
To Carbon:
I still stick to my numbers.. they are current.
You entered St G several years ago.. Things changed since then.
You also posted elsewhere that "only" StG and Ross has Stafford loans. This in WRONG.
AUC has them since one year (they always had them)
Only in 1998, for a few months, they temporarily lost them due to a technicality.
Please check your facts before posting.
Regards,
Andre

Andre,
why do you think that Ross is unsafe? I was there for 2 years and never had a problem. Sure I have heard of things "walking away" if you leave them unattended but nothing more serious as long as you used common sense.

Andre the tool says:
"Please check your facts before posting"

Pot. Kettle. Black.

DRC check the archives. Andre has no respect around here.

Yes, this is a flame.
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

To Andre

Thanks for the info on AUC's status.

The info on SGU's entrance stats that I have is from the 1996 entering class, so it is outdated. I actually would have guessed that with less applications to med schools now that the crendentials of accepted students should be lower, but I guess that's not the case.

------------------

Detroit,

Bobo is right...andre flings opinions around and declares them to be "facts". Check the archives.

Ahh.... the more things change, the more they stay the same!!

-Skip