SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

admission to osteopathic schools

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by dnetko, May 4, 2002.

1. dnetko

dnetko Member 7+ Year Member

May 3, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    The recommendation I am receiving from a D.O. is leaving the country for a year on a service trip. I was just wondering if anyone knew if it is possible for him to send in my recommendation before he left (in the middle of June), which would be before any of the osteopathic schools receive my AACOMAS application. If anyone has any advice on the situation, please let me know!!!
    Thanks!

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. dnetko

dnetko Member 7+ Year Member

May 3, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    Sorry...that first sentence should be reworded to the D.O. I am receiving my recommendation from...

4. gbey

gbey Junior Member 7+ Year Member

Jan 9, 2002
    I know you have corrected yourself, but for the sake of laughter, where is the recomendation going to? A trip, vacation, business?...

5. jean

jean Member 7+ Year Member

Apr 22, 2001
    It doesn't matter what order everything is received.

6. The Mesentery

The Mesentery Member 7+ Year Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Kirksville, Missoura
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by dnetko:
    <strong>The recommendation I am receiving from a D.O. is leaving the country for a year on a service trip. I was just wondering if anyone knew if it is possible for him to send in my recommendation before he left (in the middle of June), which would be before any of the osteopathic schools receive my AACOMAS application. If anyone has any advice on the situation, please let me know!!!
    Thanks!</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I would have the D.O. write the letter and seal it in an envelope and sign across it. Some schools I know throw away letter of recommendation if received before they request it. This is speaking out of experience. The best advice would be to call some schools directly.