Admission to post-bac at UPenn?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Toots

Dr. Librarian
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone on here doing the post-bac program at Penn, and if so, how difficult are admissions and how long until you receive acceptance/decline notice? I am currently a teacher, undergrad GPA 3.7, grad GPA 3.85, been volunteering at a local (Phila) hospital for about 6 mos. I submitted my appl. about 3 wks ago, and rumor has it that they are pretty quick about these things. Any advice is appreciated! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

kas141,
In the past, Penn has generally sent out its acceptances rather quickly, although they are usually faster towards the end of the summer when they are trying to accept students in time for the fall semester. If you are interested in enrolling for the summer session (generally a good idea), then I would contact Diane Metzendoff and let her know your intention. I should also add that the two post-bacc pre-med advisors (Gale Lang and Monique Borque) who were previously in charge of admissions have recently left the program, so I'm not certain what the current turn-around time is.

Good luck with your application and your pursuit of medicine, and if you have any specific questions about the program, I'd be happy to try and answer them for you.

Why are you doing postbac with those GPAs? :confused: You definitely don't need to raise your grades, IMHO. :)

Oh wait, if it's for satisfying prereqs then please disregard my question. :p

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, it is for prereqs. I have NO qualifying science courses - only those "Non-Science Major" elementary ed. classes. *sigh*

kas: just call Diane. She's a bit weird, but she should give you a time frame.

Thanks locitamd, I will definitely give her a call. Just curious - did you do the program, and if so, what did you think about it?

Kristen
[email protected]