Admission

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wishuluck

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi,i want to join orthodontics in canadian university, is there any preparation I can do in advance before start applying ,i mean any helpful notes to get acceptance for admission ? thanks ...

Members don't see this ad.

I'm sure this question would be better asked in the dental forums.

how i can join any forum that would help?

Members don't see this ad :)
hi,i want to join orthodontics in canadian university, is there any preparation I can do in advance before start applying ,i mean any helpful notes to get acceptance for admission ? thanks ...

Hi Borat,

Sorry, your question seems comical. Canadian ortho programs are INCREDIBLY hard to get into. There are only 12 spots available across the entire country and it is immensely competitive.

Basically, to prepare for acceptance into a Canadian ortho program- finish as the gold medalist (top ranked student) in a CANADIAN(or American) dental school, do research, be able to pass rigorous physical tests (do 25 chin-ups). If not you are $h!t-out of-luck.

You can't "join" orthodontics...:idea:

it is nt comical,,i need help,i am foreign student,graduated from Jordan/middle east,my rank is 10% i am working now, and supposed to be landing in Canada by the next year,,,i really appreciate it if u take my question seriously because i really feel lost,,so what can i do to get admission in ortho?,,,thanx

They are incredibly hard to get in , don't take my word for it , but you might be required to have a DMD from north america ( as in OMS ) . There are just a Handful so call each program to know the exact requirements for a International graduate.
Good Luck

thnax ,i will try email each university to figure out the requirements

To practice in Canada you have to do 2 years in dental school first (3 and 4th year again). Even if you were able to get into orthodontics program, you would not be able to practice as one in Canada. Unless you are hoping to go back to Jordan and practice there. If you do ortho first, you will still have to go back and do 3rd and 4th year of dental school.

I'm from CA but attended canadian university, so I know all the rules about foreign dentists.

Last edited: