Admissions are 'need-blind'?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WaterBottle

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i was wondering if my having applied with a fee waiver could be hurting me in my applications? I know some undergrad schools are 'need-blind' (they consider your application completely independently of your finances) but what about medical schools? thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

i was wondering if my having applied with a fee waiver could be hurting me in my applications? I know some undergrad schools are 'need-blind' (they consider your application completely independently of your finances) but what about medical schools? thanks!

I'm sure applying with a fee waiver isn't going to hurt your chances.

what if you really need to get admitted? :laugh:

Pretty much everybody borrows for medical school--very few (if any?) medical schools provide "need based financial aid" as undergrad schools do (this is why undergraduate schools overtly claim they are need-blind...because you would think that with a "need-based financial aid system" they might be more inclined to accept people who they wouldn't need to help out).

There's no difference between a medical school getting money from you that was loaned from the government etc or money from your rich daddy. They get paid either way. Therefore there's no reason to believe that they should hesitate to accept somebody with a fee waiver (a proposterous idea to begin with)