Admissions banter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nogpa

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard something like, "I cannot tell you the decision, but you will be happy" from an admissions person only to be waitlisted or rejected? I'm hoping the answer is no...this'll be my first acceptance :). I'm tentatively stoked.
:D

BR

Members don't see this ad.

sounds like an admittance to me. i'm surprised they did that because if word gets around that people can find out their status at that particular school, they'll be getting ALOT of phone calls.

nuclearrabbit

northwestern - 2006

nogpa,

what's the outcome of your potential acceptance? and where was it?

!

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by ohiowa
what's the outcome of your potential acceptance? and where was it?

(See post above yours for why Nogpa shouldn't do that :))

Originally posted by Random Access
(See post above yours for why Nogpa shouldn't do that :))

Amen to that ;)

nogpa,
how did you get the little bit of info out of them? i'm thinking of calling a school this week since i know the ad com meets this week. i was just wondering if it is best to come out and ask if i'm in or not.
thanks,
streetdoc

Originally posted by streetdoc
nogpa,
how did you get the little bit of info out of them? i'm thinking of calling a school this week since i know the ad com meets this week. i was just wondering if it is best to come out and ask if i'm in or not.
thanks,
streetdoc

I was planning on doing this with two schools (calling after the adcom met, although one school ended up telling me that it would take a week or two for the actual letters to go out and they couldn't tell me until they did)....Anyway, I called the one school the day after letters went out, and found out I was waitlisted. The other school told me that I could call back on Thursday afternoon or Friday to get my decision from the Wednesday adcom meeting. But the director of admissions called me up on Wednesday evening to tell me herself that I had been accepted :)

WOW! that had to be a great relief to get that nice phone call!
congrats Adcadet on your acceptance!:clap:
thanks for the reply,
streetdoc

Originally posted by streetdoc
WOW! that had to be a great relief to get that nice phone call!
congrats Adcadet on your acceptance!:clap:
thanks for the reply,
streetdoc

Hey streetdoc,
They had some issues with my application because it's a bit unconventional, so I had been in fairly consistent contact with the admissions office. They told me when I was going to committee(I think as a sort of apology for the mess-up) and they just happened to give me the potentially good news. Good luck!

BR