Admissions: I am getting married June 2019. How will my name change affect my admission? Help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted892858

So, I am getting married in June of 2019, and plan on applying to dental schools in July. I plan on taking my fiancé's last name, so I was concerned about how the name change process will affect my admissions. My letters of recommendation have my maiden name, so will admissions be suspicious if my last name is different, or is there a place on the application where I can clarify? The name change process is pretty lengthy so my name on my Social security card probably won't be changed by the time I apply, but should I wait to make it official AFTER I am accepted (God willing, lol). Any advice would be appreciated, this is causing me a lot of stress. THANK YOU!

Members don't see this ad.

So, I am getting married in June of 2019, and plan on applying to dental schools in July. I plan on taking my fiancé's last name, so I was concerned about how the name change process will affect my admissions. My letters of recommendation have my maiden name, so will admissions be suspicious if my last name is different, or is there a place on the application where I can clarify? The name change process is pretty lengthy so my name on my Social security card probably won't be changed by the time I apply, but should I wait to make it official AFTER I am accepted (God willing, lol). Any advice would be appreciated, this is causing me a lot of stress. THANK YOU!
My wife waited a year to change legally. No big deal. Just wait for a while

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
That makes a lot of sense, I will likely go that route then. Thank you for your reply!

Reactions: 1 user