Admissions stats / Chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anomeric

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone -

Does anyone have/know where I can get DO school admissions statistics? Ie, avg. GPA (sGPA and cGPA) and average MCAT scores for each school?

I've got a 3.36 cumulative GPA, 3.47 sGPA, 3.70 BCP GPA (all prereqs and a few upper level bios taken at a 4-year as post-bacc), just trying to get a sense of which schools I'd have a shot at.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone -

Does anyone have/know where I can get DO school admissions statistics? Ie, avg. GPA (sGPA and cGPA) and average MCAT scores for each school?

I've got a 3.36 cumulative GPA, 3.47 sGPA, 3.70 BCP GPA (all prereqs and a few upper level bios taken at a 4-year as post-bacc), just trying to get a sense of which schools I'd have a shot at.

Thanks

2017 Underdog thread.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone -

Does anyone have/know where I can get DO school admissions statistics? Ie, avg. GPA (sGPA and cGPA) and average MCAT scores for each school?I've got a 3.36 cumulative GPA, 3.47 sGPA, 3.70 BCP GPA (all prereqs and a few upper level bios taken at a 4-year as post-bacc), just trying to get a sense of which schools I'd have a shot at.

Thanks

Disagree. His/her GPA's are on par with all schools.

Info that is posted in the first post of the 2017 UD thread.

Yeah you're stats are pretty good for DO Schools. Probably even low tier medical schools w/ a couple of good ECs.

Yeah you're stats are pretty good for DO Schools. Probably even low tier medical schools w/ a couple of good ECs.

Thanks, I hope my post-bacc performance makes up for my lower undergrad GPA. I really had no idea what I wanted to get out of undergrad, and it shows in my grades. I'm only a handful of courses away from finishing all the requisite courses for a BS in Biological Sciences with a 3.7, but ideally completing all the coursework won't be necessary. I'm hoping some school will take a chance on me.

As for ECs - I've had a lot of various work experience over the past 7 years - EMT-B, residential aid for the people with disabilities, A/V technician in a TV studio for 4 years, organized several large events for the YMCA (1000+ people), organized several job fairs and a 2-day conferences in undergrad, childcare/educational assistance for elementary school kids, etc. My ECs are a little haphazard, but I didn't commit to a health-care profession until 2 years ago, which is when I started gearing my ECs toward patient care. I'm hoping to do some tutoring next semester for gen chem / ochem and getting some shadowing in.

Not to instill any false hope or anything, but if you continue those shadowing opportunities and clinical hours and maybe a little more outside volunteering with the unfortunate, you should be in good standing. The YMCA thing is pretty good and the EMT-B is a pretty HUGE plus.

I just found out that my study abroad grades, which don't calculate into my undergrad GPA, will probably be calculated into my AACOMAS GPA, bringing my oGPA down to a 3.26... Given my sGPA of 3.46 and my BCP GPA of 3.7, do I still have a shot at DO?