Admissions tickets

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Saturnine

Boy #16 dead, 22 to go
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I received my ticket today so it looks as though they've been mailed. However, my test center has no specific location such as a room number, only a university building. Is there a way to find this information?

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't sweat it too much if I were you. They will probably snail- or email you, and even if they don't, I would bet that on the day of the test there will be alot of signs pointing you in the right direction. Such was the case with me.

Saturnine said:
I received my ticket today so it looks as though they've been mailed. However, my test center has no specific location such as a room number, only a university building. Is there a way to find this information?

Maybe you may want to ask those whom have taken the test at that test site to see if they know where it has been in the past. Generally it is held in the same place on campus.

ooh, now i want my ticket too. i want to find out where i'm taking it. just curious, how long does it take for them to mail them out?

Members don't see this ad :)
Saturnine said:

When did you register for a test site?

Saturnine said:

My ticket only said the name of the school and the name of the building. They put us in rooms based on our last name. There were plenty of signs leading us to the lobby of the building where they then told us to stand in a line based on the first letter of our last name. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

I registered for the exam back on the 4th of January; and I live in Iowa City, which is probably why I received my ticket before everyone else. It seems the rest are in the mail so continue checking.

Thanks for the information.

Saturnine said:
I registered for the exam back on the 4th of January; and I live in Iowa City, which is probably why I received my ticket before everyone else. It seems the rest are in the mail so continue checking.

Thanks for the information.
Sorry guys, but I have a different problem here. I was trying to register for the MCAT today but when i got to where to choose the test center, none of the choices appeared. I tried to call them but seems like they don't work on saturdays. Should I skip it since it is allowing me to skip that part ot should I just wait?
Thanks for your help.

I registered the first week in January and haven't received my ticket yet. I live in Florida. It was paid for on 1-8-05. Should I be concerned?

mercy4052 said:
I registered the first week in January and haven't received my ticket yet. I live in Florida. It was paid for on 1-8-05. Should I be concerned?

I registered the first day and haven't received mine yet... No one should panic yet :D

Overeducated said:
I registered the first day and haven't received mine yet... No one should panic yet :D
Do you guys think we should call the number that they gave us and ask? What the hack, I am not even sure i will be able to take the test.

I'd give them a call on Monday. If you don't pick your site you may end up taking a 1 hour trip to get to your MCAT site.

gildas said:
Sorry guys, but I have a different problem here. I was trying to register for the MCAT today but when i got to where to choose the test center, none of the choices appeared. I tried to call them but seems like they don't work on saturdays. Should I skip it since it is allowing me to skip that part ot should I just wait?
Thanks for your help.

"Admission tickets will be mailed beginning approximately five weeks prior to the test date (please allow 2-3 weeks for delivery). "

An excerpt from my email when I registered for the exam which means we really should not be concerned about not having them at this point.

Got my ticket today, with a room number and all. I registered on the first day registration was open and I'm in New Orleans.

registered about 3 days after registration opened. Got my first pick in NY. no room number since it is in a hotel. My ticket says something like "rooms will be posted".