Admissions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheSpleen

NYC Marathon Here I come
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just recived word form the college that I'm planing to transfer to that I was accpected for the spring semister. They added in the letter that should a spot open up they would contact me to see if I wished to change my date of enrollment. Now I have a question I know that there may be other people who were acpected for the spring semister but wanted to get in for the fall. Now should I call and check to see if a spot for the fall semister has opened up or should I just wait to hear from them and see if I get chosen at random to fill any vacancies. I don't want seem annoying to the admissions committiee but at the same time I want them to have me at the top of the list should a spot open up so I can transfer. What do you think?
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by TheSpleen:
•I just recived word form the college that I'm planing to transfer to that I was accpected for the spring semister. They added in the letter that should a spot open up they would contact me to see if I wished to change my date of enrollment. Now I have a question I know that there may be other people who were acpected for the spring semister but wanted to get in for the fall. Now should I call and check to see if a spot for the fall semister has opened up or should I just wait to hear from them and see if I get chosen at random to fill any vacancies. I don't want seem annoying to the admissions committiee but at the same time I want them to have me at the top of the list should a spot open up so I can transfer. What do you think?
:confused: :confused: :confused: •••••uh i am presuming this is not for med school?

well call every now and then to find out what's happening.

No its not for med school I'm still an undergraduate and the school Im transfering to has a better premed program

Members don't see this ad :)
•••quote:•••Originally posted by TheSpleen:
•No its not for med school I'm still an undergraduate and the school Im transfering to has a better premed program•••••what do you mean by a better pre-med program? most schools don't have a pre-med major.

its better because they have a gaurenteed admissions agreement with two seperate medical schools. Which is Better than the school I currently go to. Plus from what I understand and hear form students that go there that it is a good school compared to my experience at my current school

The school is Binghamton university, located in central NY. It has agreements with Buffalo medical school and SUNY downstate, both located in NY State. It guaranteed admissions to either school dependent on completeing the premed course work maintaining a specfic GPA I think it's 3.5 and placing avg on the MCAT's as long as you keep those standards then you'll get in. That's one of the reasons I want to go to that school.

They sent me the info months ago as additional material to the standard admissions info you request. Heres the web site for all whos intrested... and any thoughts as to my original question do I keep calling or do I just sit back and wait and see?

<a href="http://www.binghamton.edu" target="_blank">Binghamton University</a>

Wow. Guarenteed admission into a med school if you meet a certain set of requirements?

Anyway, this definitely belongs in pre-allo, so I will move it there.