Admit

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rxxx

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everybody I have started this thread to get together admission results and people's comments.

I received an admit from Wayne State University, Detroit from the chair of the program. He sent an email to me regarding my admission in PhD program in Cognitive Psychology.

Please give your comments regrading the program, faculty, students etc..

Members don't see this ad.

I got two current admission offers.

1. University of New Haven -MA in Comm. Psych w/ concentration in Forensic Psych

thoughts: it seems like a money mill to me, it's supposed to have a good forensic program and is close to yale, however primarily night classes are offered. I am very skeptical I will accept it, mostly was a safety school.

2. American International College MS-Forensic Psychology

thoughts: very student centered, conducive to career advancement, the program is very unique and not offered except for John Jay in the New England area, skeptical on reputation however willing to go for the forensic MS which is very uncommon.

Why do these mid-level degrees when you can pursue a PhD/PsyD in clinical psychology? You may be doing this to gain this credential and then apply to PhD/PsyD programs.

That said, what do Master's-level graduates of these "forensic psychology" programs even do? I highly doubt that they can be qualified as an expert witness in forensic cases. Even doctoral-level psychologists and neuropsychologists have a tough time being qualified as an expert witnesses. Master's level graduates are not even licensed as psychologists.

Members don't see this ad :)
PublicHealth said:
Why do these mid-level degrees when you can pursue a PhD/PsyD in clinical psychology? You may be doing this to gain this credential and then apply to PhD/PsyD programs.

That said, what do Master's-level graduates of these "forensic psychology" programs even do? I highly doubt that they can be qualified as an expert witness in forensic cases. Even doctoral-level psychologists and neuropsychologists have a tough time being qualified as an expert witnesses. Master's level graduates are not even licensed as psychologists.

there is more to do than testifying in court, that is a very narrow depiction of the field, which is still growing. you still take courses in clinical psychology...

Forensic M.S. said:
why don't you research it yourself if you are so interested....?

No time...gotta study.

Should we start a new thread for admissions/acceptances, or shall we go back to the original purpose of thread?

the mod can delete these juvenile responses

Forensic M.S. said:
the mod can delete these juvenile responses

Some of us "juveniles" have medical school exams to prepare for while browsing SDN forums. One of the purposes of SDN is to disseminate information among healthcare professionals.

Judging by your inability to comprehend the thread regarding the APA statement regarding doctoral training in clinical psychology and inability to provide me with information on Master's level training in a profession that YOU are purportedly pursuing, I think we all know who the "juvenile" is around here. :laugh:

PublicHealth said:
Some of us "juveniles" have medical school exams to prepare for while browsing SDN forums. One of the purposes of SDN is to disseminate information among healthcare professionals.

Judging by your inability to comprehend the thread regarding the APA statement regarding doctoral training in clinical psychology and inability to provide me with information on Master's level training in a profession that YOU are purportedly pursuing, I think we all know who the "juvenile" is around here. :laugh:

first of all, i admitted my mistake and still hold my opinions about the apa. the article was obviously confusing as others have raised various questions about the implications of it.

as for being juvenile, yeah you are for being a pompous jackass (one of many apparently from what i've seen so far) out to prove a non-existant point on the internet. you feel as if your training makes you superior to those just entering the field, if that was true there would be no need for master's level (not everyone has the same vision of success or educational need). if you are so intelligent you'd have an idea what a forensic psychologist is (which i am sure you do, you seem to have a love for stupid rhetorical questions and posting the same thing in various threads) ...i already do and therefore do not feel the need to have to tell you. you posted something irrelevant to the thread in the first place, therefore you can't comprehend basic netiquette and common sense.

if you are so busy with your studies, why browse the web forum at all?
b/c you are full of crap and a procrastinator, and not even in the correct forum. as for your med school preparation, you aren't even a doctor (presumably)so basically you have no authority to make any sort of judgement at all, including in the field of psychology especially.

Forensic, your posts are my favorites :laugh:

Forensic M.S. said:
first of all, i admitted my mistake and still hold my opinions about the apa. the article was obviously confusing as others have raised various questions about the implications of it.

as for being juvenile, yeah you are for being a pompous jackass (one of many apparently from what i've seen so far) out to prove a non-existant point on the internet. you feel as if your training makes you superior to those just entering the field, if that was true there would be no need for master's level (not everyone has the same vision of success or educational need). if you are so intelligent you'd have an idea what a forensic psychologist is (which i am sure you do, you seem to have a love for stupid rhetorical questions and posting the same thing in various threads) ...i already do and therefore do not feel the need to have to tell you. you posted something irrelevant to the thread in the first place, therefore you can't comprehend basic netiquette and common sense.

if you are so busy with your studies, why browse the web forum at all?
b/c you are full of crap and a procrastinator, and not even in the correct forum. as for your med school preparation, you aren't even a doctor (presumably)so basically you have no authority to make any sort of judgement at all, including in the field of psychology especially.

:p