admition to dental school bu takeing only the prerequisites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sara19

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello to all the dental students,

I really need your help!I passed 130 units in engineering in another country and I am trying to use them as a transfer to get a B.A degree. it takes 2 years at least because the max unit i can transfer is 60!

I am currently taking anatomy1 and 2 in ISP program at SCUHS. I can take all the prerequisites for the dental done in less than a one year but i am not getting a degree.
I am trying to save time cause I'm 28 already:(
can any one help me what's the best choice for me now? should I take those courses and apply for dental? do I have chance for acceptance? or i have to get my bachelors anyway?!
please help me..:unsure:

Members don't see this ad.

You should call the Dental schools you are interested in and explain your situation. I think most schools require a Bachelor's degree but at the end of the day, they can decide to set the rules aside for exceptional candidates.

Are you an international student?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
This was not your question, but something to keep in mind is that most scholarships and loans are open only to US Citizens or Permanent Residents: HPSP, NHSC, Federal loans, etc.

https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/eligibility/non-us-citizens#can-i-get-aid Has the full criteria.

So you MAY need to come up with all the money upfront or find a cosigner for a private loan.

Most dental schools will only consider applicants who get their bachelor's degree but there are some schools, like Maryland, who accept applicants who finish 3 years of undergrad (90 credits). You should do some research on the schools you're interested in and read about their requirements because every school is different. Also note that The prerequisites will also vary. For example, some schools require a semester of biochemistry and others don't.

Reactions: 1 user