Admitted to pharmacy school - GPA question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Armin Roshan

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I had an interview with Texas A&M pharmacy school 3 months ago. Today I got a call and an e-mail congratulating me for being accepted for the fall 2014 semester.
In that email it says :
"Your admission is contingent upon: 1) maintaining or improving your present grade point average in the pre-pharmacy course requirements"

and:
"Note that failure to complete all required coursework and satisfy all stated admission conditions before the first day of classes will invalidate this offer."

By the time I got this e-mail the spring semester is over by 2 weeks. However, my gpa decreased by 0.02. Do you think they're going to invalidate their offer once I send them the official transcript for the spring 2014 semester? Or they are telling me to maintain my gpa during the summer semester and that the change in gpa before my admission offer won't affect mt admission?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think they would care that much but you should contact the admissions to make sure. Usually they say that so that students don't completely blow off the year before entering pharmacy school.

Reactions: 1 user
0.02 I don't think that matters. As long as it is a passing gpa that should be fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think they would care that much but you should contact the admissions to make sure. Usually they say that so that students don't completely blow off the year before entering pharmacy school.

agreed with tehshield that they probably do not care for 0.02. But call the school to make sure. And congrats !! :)

I doubt they would care but you should call them and report back! Congrats!

Don't call them or they will think you're nutty. 0.02 is nothing.

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you everybody for your responses.
I called the admissions and the lady told me they need my transcript to calculate my new gpa.
I've already ordered a transcript and assume they'll receive it tomorrow.
She said an admission can be invalidated if gpa falls below 2.7. My present gpa is far above 2.7.
The course that lowered my gpa was microbiology lab which I got a C on and it has 2 credit hours. I hope they don't react negatively to this.

Thank you everybody for your responses.
I called the admissions and the lady told me they need my transcript to calculate my new gpa.
I've already ordered a transcript and assume they'll receive it tomorrow.
She said an admission can be invalidated if gpa falls below 2.7. My present gpa is far above 2.7.
The course that lowered my gpa was microbiology lab which I got a C on and it has 2 credit hours. I hope they don't react negatively to this.

I'm sure that you are going to be ok. Enjoy the summer !! :)