ADN to B.S. in Biology to M.D. or D.O.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted830324

I go to a community college and have thought about changing my major and getting an associates degree in nursing. I do want to become a physician but my parents want me to earn a degree and move out within a couple years and live on my own. I would like to move out and be independent of my parents and make decent money. I do have an interest in becoming a nurse, I think it would be interesting going from being a nurse to becoming a doctor. I really don't have the money to go to college for four years and support myself. I feel like this would be a good way to get "my foot in the door in healthcare". How would ADCOM's look at being an R.N.? After I earn my associates degree, I plan on transfering some of those credits to a four year university and earning a B.S. in Biology. Of course this will take multiple years because I will be working full time as a nurse and won't be able to attend college full time. I know many people have taken such non - trad routes before, after reading other posts on this site.

Members don't see this ad.