adobe acrobat reader?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vixen

I like members
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do any of you have that adobe acrobat reader thing where you can TYPE on the computer (applications and such)...I know it's not free...do you know if it's good and how much it is?

Members don't see this ad.

Adobe Acrobat reader is available for free <a href="http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep.html" target="_blank">here</a>. This allows you to view and sometimes edit (depending on how the file was setup) Acrobat files. The Acrobat program (that costs money) allows you to create Acrobat files that others can then view and/or edit. For all the on-line applications that I have seen, you don't need anything more than the free Acrobat Reader.

Members don't see this ad :)
MPP, but what about those applications that don't let you edit the PDF files?

You have to print them out and use a typewriter or paste on printed text and photocopy or scan the application in, bring in as an image into MS WORD and use text boxes to type in the fields. There's no simple way. Good luck...

You'd have to have the actual Adobe Acrobat program, not just the reader. This would be fairly expensive, but if you're lucky, you can just find it off your school's network. Or if people have put their computers up for sharing on the network, get it off someone's computer. I love technology :)

not sure if this is the case for all of them, but for University of Chicago, Cornell and a couple others I didn't fill out, you can edit if you have the NEWEST version of Acrobat reader from the link mpp posted (are those your initials?)

I used 4.0 and I couldn't edit, but 5.0 allowed me to. let us know if it doesn't work.

i uesd adobe distiller....it lets u type right on the computer....very nice but very expensive

Originally posted by USeF the Bull:
•you can edit if you have the NEWEST version of Acrobat reader from the link mpp posted (are those your initials?)•••

Yes

i dont think u can edit even with adobe 5.0...u need the distiller complement program......