ADT housing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

teacherman84

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
if I go on an ADT is there any compensation if I decide to stay with family rather than billeting? does it change if I get a nonavailability form? There's no receipt so i'm guessing not. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

You are correct. You need proof of payment to get reimbursement otherwise you are simply committing fraud.

You will get a per diem for food and they should reimburse you for gas. A benefit to staying with friends/family is you don't get that huge hit to your credit card once the ADT is over and then don't have to wait for reimbursement.

Members don't see this ad :)
You are correct. You need proof of payment to get reimbursement otherwise you are simply committing fraud.
Not planning on fraud...but if I could throw some cash at my brother.for putting me up for a month it would be a big help because he could use it. didn't think it wad possible but figured it can't hurt to ask.

You will get a per diem for food and they should reimburse you for gas. A benefit to staying with friends/family is you don't get that huge hit to your credit card once the ADT is over and then don't have to wait for reimbursement.

not excited about the big charge....but it will be nice for my amazon points :)

not excited about the big charge....but it will be nice for my amazon points :)

One way around the big charge is to request an advance on your pay. You get 85% of the hotel costs as well as your per diem and anything else they offer. I had one friend who did this before we went to Tripler and all he had to do was make sure he didn't spend all of his money before he left so he could pay his hotel. I thought requesting an advance on the pay would only get me the AD pay, not the travel pay. I definitely would do that next time.

One way around the big charge is to request an advance on your pay. You get 85% of the hotel costs as well as your per diem and anything else they offer. I had one friend who did this before we went to Tripler and all he had to do was make sure he didn't spend all of his money before he left so he could pay his hotel. I thought requesting an advance on the pay would only get me the AD pay, not the travel pay. I definitely would do that next time.

as I was reading a PDF from one hospital I saw something about the advance pay. now I can't remember where I saw it all detailed out, hmmmmm