ADT requests...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kimoolos

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,
Few questions regarding HPSP ADT requests. My first question is, is it possible to do 2 weeks of ADT at a military installation and complete the rest at school? I know there is the 21 days minimum deal in the handbook, but am wondering if the same goes for 2 year scholarship recipients like myself who pretty much HAVE to do their ADT at school since we don't have enough time off. I'd like to do something like 14 days ADT during Christmas break then finish the rest at school, rather than doing all my ADT at school and not getting the early military experience.
Secondly, if the answer to the above is no, has anyone ever requested ADT less than 60 days prior to the requested date? Reason being, I have some time in August to do it, but wasn't able to apply in time because MODS wouldn't let me till recently :)
Whew, sorry if the above questions seem confusing, because I think I've already confused myself. Thanks for everyones help in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Alright, been calling/emailing around and the answers to both of my questions are "basically" no. 21 days in the minimum ADT at military installation due to financial issues apparently. It may be possible to request ADT after the 60 day prior deadline, but it takes some paperwork and I'm still trying to figure it all out. I thought I'd post this just in case someone later on has the same/similar question.

if youre looking for the early military experience, maybe you could shadow a doc for those 2 weeks and get a feel for the whole thing?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, you're right, that'd be a good idea if nothing else worked. I was told you can schedule externships anytime provided the facility would accept you. Only thing it'd all by my expense, but probably worth it.

granted it would be at your expense, but if its only 2 weeks and can give you a taste of mil life before youre launched into active duty, it might be worth it =D